The Embassy Suites by Hilton-St. Paul will close in January as it undergoes a change of ownership and remodeling to become a Drury Plaza Hotel. The hotel is being acquired by St. Louis-based Drury, which is just beginning to enter the Twin Cities market, from Platinum Equity, a Beverly Hills, Calif.-based private-equity firm.
With the closing on Jan. 8, 116 people will lose their jobs, the hotel said in a layoff notice sent Friday to the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development.
Ramsey County CareerForce would like to assist those individuals that will be laid off.
We have 3 locations:
- 2266 2nd St North, North St. Paul, MN 55109. Please call 651-266-9890 and
- 540 Fairview Ave North, St. Paul, MN 55104. Please call 651-539-4100 and
- 160 Kellogg Ave., St. Paul 55101. Please call 651-266-8500
What we can offer:
- Introductions to employers
- Basic and intermediate computer skills classes on-site and everyday
- Career counseling and access to training resources for Embassy Suite employees
- On-site resource room with free computer access and staff assistance
- Classes and consultation for performing an effective job search
- and more