Warrant Resolution Day 11/1/2019 – 1/31/2020
Warrant Walk-in Process
Criteria: Defendants with active warrants and bail set at $500.00 or less may appear before the signing judge on Wednesday & Friday afternoon.
- Defendant must appear at Court Administration/Signing Courtroom any Wednesday or Friday between 1:30 and 4:00 p.m.
- Warrant reviewed by signing judge (warrant may be reviewed in person, telephonically, via email/Lync or other means available);
- If warrant cannot be recalled, Defendant will be provided turn self in information.
- If warrant recalled:
- If case can be resolved, signing judge may resolve case at signing judge’s discretion. 
- If case cannot be resolved the case will be scheduled for subsequent court appearance on the appropriate arraignment calendar.
- Signing judge will sign order for booking if necessary.
- If a Defendant walks into an arraignment calendar/ other location Court Staff may (time permitting):
- Send Defendant to signing judge to address the warrant;
- Contact signing judge to address recalling the warrant and setting a hearing on the appropriate date; or
- If the warrant is not able to be recalled, instruct the defendant to turn self in at LEC to be placed on appropriate calendar.
*** Warrant will remain active until case is reviewed by signing judge ***
The above process will be in effect November 1, 2019 through January 31, 2020.
Court Administration will present results from the pilot at the Criminal Team Meeting on February 13, 2020 to include:
Court Administration may collect the following data:
- Number of individuals appearing and maximum capacity for signing judge (Total number of people and cases served);
- Number of cases that appear and do not meet criteria, including out of county warrants;
- Number of cases that met criteria but were not recalled;
- Number of warrants that were able to be reviewed and resolved;
- Demographic data;
- Number of individuals that appeared at incorrect location;
- Appearance rate for individuals given subsequent court date.
 The subcommittee will contact Public Defenders and Prosecutors to determine feasibility
 This applies to calendars located at: City Hall/Courthouse: 15 West Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN, Room 131A, and Suburban Courthouse: 2050 White Bear Avenue, Maplewood MN, and Law Enforcement Center: 425 Grove Street, St. Paul MN, Courtroom 101.