Connecting Construction Professionals, Job Seekers, Contractors, Schools and Unions
New Business and Small Contractor’s Resources
Pro Build Training Program www.ProBidTraining.com
Finance and Consulting
- Metropolitan Economic Development Association MEDA-www.MEDA.net Providing DBE, WBE, and MBE contractors access to a variety of services and resources.
- MN Procurement Technical Assistance Center MNPTAC –www.meda.net/mnptac/ One-on-one consulting assistance with government contracting.
- Neighborhood Development Center NDC – www.ndc-mn.org NDC has helped build community support around the idea of creating, financing, and supporting resident-owned small businesses as a means of revitalizing inner city neighborhoods.
- Small Business Association SBA – www.sba.gov/offices/district/mn/minneapolis SBA offers a variety of training and loan programs. SBA has resource partners like SCORE, Small Business Development Centers and Women’s Business Centers that provide additional business counseling and training.
- Small Business Development Center | 651-962-4500 www.stthomas.edu/sbdc
The Twin Cities Small Business Development Center provides confidential business consulting services at no charge to help established businesses and startups develop strategies to attract customers, increase sales and improve profitability.
- MN SCORE St. Paul | 651 632-8937 www.stpaul.score.org
St. Paul SCORE provides free and confidential business counseling tailored to meet the needs of small businesses in the St. Paul metro area, western Wisconsin, and the Lake Superior Region.
- Prepare & Prosper Free business tax service | 651-262-2159 www.prepareandprosper.org
If you are self-employed, meaning you’re an independent contractor or you own your own business and have no employees, we can prepare your taxes for you. We’ll help you organize expenses that can be deducted and claim credits you’ve earned.
- Asian Economic Development Association | 651-222-7798 www.aeda-mn.org/small-business-development/
Business Technical Assistance AEDA provides counseling and training to new and existing business owners to start and improve their businesses. AEDA train in several Asian languages so that businesses can learn in the language they are most comfortable with.
- African Development Association | 612-333-4772 www.adcminnesota.org
African Development Center provides training, lending, and technical assistance to guide African immigrants and refugees in Minnesota to economic prosperity.
- Women Venture | 612-224-9540 www.womenventure.org
Providing women of all ages, cultures, races and income levels with the tools and resources to achieve economic success through small business ownership.
- Bob Voss Biz Owner Teaches workshops at the MN WorkForce Center in North St. Paul and other Workforce Centers firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free How to Start a Small Business Workshops
Search “Business” at http://www.mn.gov/deed/job-seekers/workforce-centers/workshops/metro-workshops.jsp to find a variety of workshops, locations and times.
- The CPP Management Team
Scott Ochsner | Meda | Email: email@example.com Phone: 612.259.6565 | 250 Second Avenue South, Suite 106 Minneapolis, MN 55401 | www.meda.net
- Barb Lau | Association of Women Contractors | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 651.489.2221 | 1337 Saint Clair Avenue, Suite 4 Saint Paul, MN 55105 | www.awcmn.org
- Association of Women Contractors (AWC) –www.AWC.org The Association of Women Contractors (AWC) provides unique support to women business owners in the construction industry.
- National Association of Minority Contractors (NAMC)-www.namc-um.org a nonprofit trade association established in 1969 to address the needs and concerns of minority contractors.
- Minnesota Sub-Contractors Association (MSA) – ww.msamn.com is a non-profit trade association representing residential and commercial subcontractors, suppliers and construction related professional service providers.
City of Saint Paul Section 3
City of St. Paul Section 3 Program
Section 3 is intended to ensure that when employment or contracting opportunities are generated because a Section 3 covered project or activity requires the employment of additional persons or the awarding of contracts for work, preference must be given to low and very-low income persons or business concerns residing in the community where the project is located.
- City of Saint Paul stpaul.gov/section3
- Saint Paul Public Housing Authority http://www.stpaulpha.org/
- City of Minneapolis http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/civilrights/contractcompliance/subp/WCMS1P-125079
- Minneapolis Public Housing Authority http://www.mphaonline.org/
Post jobs for free on Construction Hiring Connection.