MN WorkForce Center Workshops
Fabulous and free Job Search workshops are available in all the Metro Area WorkForce Centers. The schedule and registration can be found at www.mn.gov/deed/metroworkshops
Free Online Excel Training
The Twin Cities RISE! Core Program provides a comprehensive work skills and Personal Empowerment training program, which leads to long-term success in a living wage job. Our curriculum is based on input from employers and the expertise of adult education professionals.
- The Core Program requires a commitment of 12-15 hours per week while in training, with classes in both Minneapolis and St. Paul. Each session lasts ten weeks and includes a two-week period of formal evaluation. NEW SESSIONS STARTING SOON! CALL (651) 603-8520 for registration information.
- Reentry Connect – the Clients include adult ex-offenders with backgrounds that may include status offense, histories of physical and sexual abuse, family turmoil, early pregnancy, anxiety and depression, learning disabilities, school failure, and mental health or substance abuse disorders. The program includes: Integrated Case Management and Support Services, Personal Empowerment, Training and Development, Workforce Development , Support and Resources.
Earn while you learn! Get certified! Start your career!
We can place you in a job immediately so you’re earning a paycheck while you’re taking classes.
We will help you enroll in a GED program or industry-recognized credentialing program so you can get a well-paying job in just a short amount of time. With your new credentials, we will help you get started in your new career. Earn a living wage, and start a new life for yourself!
- One-on-one relationship
- Long-term positive support
- Legal Help
- Child Care
- Medical Assistance
- Financial Help
Apply for enrollment today to get started on your pathway!
AccessAbility, Inc. Career & Educational Pathways Program
360 Hoover St NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413
Basic Computer Skills
NATIVE YOUTH WORKS of Minneapolis Offering Career and Work Readiness Services for In-School and Out-of-School
Native Youth Programs offered are:
- Career exploration and counseling
- Earn a GED
- Learn how to apply for jobs
- Complete job training and earn credentials
- Participate in a PAID internship
- Increase your employability
For more Information: Contact Don Clark
or call: 612-341-3358, ext. 115
Sponsored by: American Indian OIC
1845 E Franklin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55404
GED Classes at CLUES! Classes are Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 12:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in St. Paul. All participants in the GED program will receive gift cards for enrolling, attendance and completion of program. Download: GED Classes at Clues
Employment Services Walk-In Hours at CLUES. Need help filling out job applications and/ or getting job leads stop in during our walk in hours at one our locations.
This program helps New Americans who want to advance their Medical careers to prepare for college and improve their English skills while saving a lot of money. Students build their reading, note taking, writing, math, computer, and study skills with a general medical focus. Students with interests in other fields, however, would also find this course very appropriate. This course allows students to feel more confident and better prepared as they advance in their Medical careers.
JobNow! is a real-time resume and interview coaching/career advice resource. In addition to helping job seekers pinpoint their desired career field, coaches can also provide constructive suggestions on resumes, help write a professional cover letter, and give live interview practice and feedback. Sessions can be conducted in English or Spanish. Ramsey County Libraries Website, Ramsey County Library Events
Here is a free website to learn computer software programs like Microsoft Office, besides basic reading, math, etc. Over 1,000 interactive lessons. Learnfree.org
Mounds View Adult Education provides a variety of learning opportunities to improve the education and quality of life for citizens in our community. GED Preparation, Family Learning Program, High School Diploma, Brush up, English as a Second Language is provided at NO COST through Mounds View School District. Download: Adult Basic Education Information
Personalized assessment, job search and placement, education and training and networking and support.
Services are all free.
To see if you are eligible, please call:
Meghan Kofoed, 612-752-8118
Focus Forward (www.mrc-mn.org)
Focus Forward is designed to assist Individuals with diagnosed or suspected Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders identify career and educational pathways.
This unique project, with funding from the MN Department of Health and the MN Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, offers:
- Assistance, support and counseling from a Career Skills Navigator while participating in the project
- 80 hours of Career Compass skill exploration and development programming
- Course 1 Career Planning and Exploration
- Course 2 Educational Planning
- Course 3 Accuplacer Prep
Classes located at 2438 27th Avenue South, Suite 100, Minneapolis
- Following successful completion of Career Compass, participants may continue on to MRC’s 60-hour, Workplace Essentials Training and/or placement with funding from Vocational Rehabilitation Services or other resources. The Career Skills Navigator will support all participants post placement to ensure job retention success.
For more information or to refer contact Lena Balk at 612-752-8138.
Hmong Cultural Center 375 University Ave W St. Paul, MN 55103 Free Citizenship Classes
- Morning Class: Monday – Thursday 10 – 12:00 pm
- Afternoon Class: Tuesday – Friday 4 – 6:00 pm
Free ESL Classes
- Learn Computer Skills:email, internet, Microsoft Oce software
- English for Employment:networking, resume, and interview practice
- Monday – Friday 10 – 12:00 pm
Register today! 651-917-9937 For more information, please contact Lisa Vogl at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn Computer Skills: email, internet, Microsoft Office software English for Employment: networking, resume, and interview practice Time: Monday – Friday 10 – 12:00 pm Register today! (651) 917-9937 For more information, please contact Lisa Vogl at email@example.com Offered by Hmong Cultural Center 375 University Ave. W. St. Paul, MN 55103.
Free Citizenship Classes
No waiting lists!
Open to everyone
Morning Class: Monday – Thursday 10 – 12:00 pm
Afternoon Class: Tuesday – Friday 4 – 6:00 pm
Register today! 651-917-9937
For more information, please contact Lisa Vogl at firstname.lastname@example.org
Offered by Hmong Cultural Center
375 University Ave. W.
St. Paul, MN 55103